- Green Digital Charter
- Signatory cities
Currently viewing the tag: "China"
Since 1 January 2017, EUROCITIES is part of the URBAN-EU-CHINA Innovation Platform on Sustainable Urbanisation. Discover all partners involved in this international cooperation project, activities and events on the newly launched website at www.urban-eu-china.eu/en/, and follow the project on Twitter @UrbanEuChina.
In URBAN-EU-CHINA, 12 experienced European and Chinese consortium partners join forces to:
- Promote and develop Joint Policy Strategies for EU-China cooperation on sustainable urbanisation;
- Create a Nursery of Joint Projects, from a board range of low-threshold to a few high-performance projects. EUROCITIES leads work on matching cities and organising event clusters;
- Promote Brokerage of City-Industry-Science Partnerships using virtual and face-to-face meeting place
- UEC 2nd Event Cluster 10-12 October 2017, Brussels – More information on www.urban-eu-china.eu
- 2017 China-EU Conference on Sustainable Urbanisation: Innovation-Driven Development in New Areas (focus on the Xiongan new area), 26 October 2017, Beijing
The conference will bring together urban planners, policy makers, industry experts, practitioners, and scholars from around the world to share their insights, experience and solutions to the Innovation-Driven Development in New Areas. Delegates will include representatives from the European Union and Chinese governments, European city mayors, distinguished urbanisation experts, and key decision makers who will discuss innovative-led recommendations for our future approach to sustainable urbanisation, EU-China joint strategies, co-funding, as well as an exchange of knowledge and facilitation of science-city-industry partnerships.
More information on JPI-UrbanEurope.eu
Two ways to register :
Within the framework of the existing cooperation arrangements between the EU and China, a new H2020 project (URBAN-EU-CHINA) with a consortium of 12 European and Chinese partners will soon be launched. The project will develop an evidence-driven, bottom-up approach to complement the existing top-down strategic approach to cooperation in sustainable urbanisation.
The partners will develop a coordinated series of actions that include a research and innovation agenda; networking events; benchmarking; monitoring; and peer learning activities. The underlying ambition is to address the disconnect between strategic visions and operational realities. The expected results of this 36-month, €1.5 million support action include joint policy strategies, a nursery of joint projects, and city-industry-science partnerships.
EUROCITIES will lead work on matching cities and organising event clusters.
The kick-off of the platform will take place from 19 to 21 March 2017 in the Chinese city of Putian, at the occasion of the 2017 EU-China Forum on Sustainable Urban Development. The partnership will then be officially launched at the occasion of a ceremony hosted in Brussels at the end of March.
URBAN-EU-CHINA is a Cooordination and Support Action (CSA) funded under the EU Horizon 2020 programme. CORDIS