- Green Digital Charter
- Signatory cities
- Country: Italy
- Population: 214,000
- Member of Covenant of Mayors?: Yes
- Politician Who Signed: Ivo Rossi, Deputy Mayor
- Website: www.padovanet.it
The Padana Valley in the Veneto Region – where Padua is located – is one of the most polluted in the world, especially with regard to mobility and heating related issues.
The City of Padua has since 1999 committed to develop a long-term strategy to improve energy efficiency, and specifically to reduce CO2 emissions, energy consumption and particulate concentrations. This is being done in a cost effective and sustainable manner through integrated energy policies.
With the signing of the Covenant of Mayors the City of Padua committed to keep to European goals of the Climate action and renewable energy package, in particular to arrange and enact its own SEAP Plan to achieve the Covenant’s goals: the mentioned SEAP has to be yearly revised starting from the monitoring of the foreseen actions, detecting the achieved goals and making modifications if necessary.
- The commitment of the city to reduce at least 20% of its 2005 CO2 emissions to 2020 (that means cutting out 378.432 yearly produced tons of CO2).
- The measures subdivided into 5 areas of mitigation measures and 1 area connected with adaptation.
- Contact: Daniela Luise, Deputy Director – Department of Environment
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org