- Green Digital Charter
- Signatory cities
In contrast to the study tours, which focused on peer-learning, and the roadshows, which focused on visibility, technical trainings were capacity building activities for city actors. A series of technical trainings was organised by the NiCE consortium to help cities overcome the barriers and challenges faced in implementing of the Green Digital Charter.
The trainings were based on the Charter Toolkit (see Project activities): while including a general introduction to the overall approach of the Toolkit, each training focused on a specific theme which was selected in consultation with the Reference Cities Group. Examples of themes included ‘ICT footprint’ and ‘financing green digital projects’.
The training were delivered over one or two days by the consortium partners with the support of external experts with specific expertise in the field and officials of the European Union institutions.
- The first training on Measuring Green IT took place in Belfast on 19 June 2012
- An event, jointly organised by EUROCITIES and the NiCE project, took place in Brussels on 11 July 2012 focused on the Smart Cities projects call
- A training session and workshop for the GDC toolkit was organised during the EUROCITIES Knowledge Society Forum meeting in Manchester on 17 October 2013
- A training and funding brokerage event, jointly organised by EUROCITIES and the NiCE project, took place in Brussels on 11 December 2013
- A training session for the GDC results and the NiCE toolkit was organised during the EUROCITIES Knowledge Society Forum meeting in Barcelona on 2 April 2014
- A training session for the GDC results and the NiCE toolkit was organised during the Zagreb energy week meeting in Zagreb on 14 May 2014
- A training event about the present and the future opportunities of smart cities was organised in Brussels on 21 May 2014