- Green Digital Charter
- Signatory cities
Technical training activities
By and large, cities are on track to meeting their GDC commitments, although a few challenges remain. These can be grouped in three main categories: (i) funding, (ii) governance and (iii) data, standards and interoperability.
The GuiDanCe project is working closely with the signatory cities to look at these challenges and shape its future activities accordingly.
On-site trainings and online webinars are being planned throughout 2016 and 2017, reflecting the challenges faced by the signatory cities. Work shadowing events will pair up cities that face similar challenges, but are at different stages of implementation.
Our past webinars:
- Monday 7 November 2016: Green ICT
- Monday 10 October 2016: Smart Lighting
- Monday 19 September 2016: Smart city standards
- Wednesday 24 February 2016 : Local digital strategies
- Wednesday 30 March 2016 : Standards & interoperability in smart cities
- Tuesday 3 May 2016 : Urban platforms
Work shadowing events
Work shadowing visits will enable selected cities to observe how projects are implemented elsewhere and get ideas for new working methods.
For further information: Work Shadowing visits – A practical guide
- Annex A: Work shadowing visit application form
- Annex B: Final agenda of the work shadowing visit
- Annex C: Work shadowing visit fiche
- Annex D: Study Tour Feedback Report – VISITOR
- Annex E: Study Tour Feedback Report – HOST
- Annex F: Expense claim form for work shadowing visit hosts and visitors
Based on the GDC results, and building in particular on feedback during the compilation of the GDC implementation monitoring report concerning implementation barriers and challenges, a series of technical training events will be designed and delivered.
On 16 June 2016, green ICT and smart city experts gathered around the table at our half-day Green Digital Charter workshop “ICT applications in cities: delivering the energy union objectives”, organised in the frame of the EU Sustainable Energy Week in Brussels.
>> Check out how ICT can deliver energy efficiency!
The first training was held on 14 October 2015 at EUROCITIES premises in Brussels during our event on ‘Innovating cities with nature’. Current priorities and challenges for smart cities were presented: