- Green Digital Charter
- Signatory cities
The European Commission will soon launch a call for tenders for a service contract of a maximum value of EUR 60.000.
The purpose of this call for tenders is to gain insights into the current data-related situation (taxonomy, mapping, gap analysis, players, business models, applicable legislation, bottlenecks and their cause) in the context of the adoption and application of smart cities solutions for cities, communities and local stakeholders.
The expected results are:
- an understanding of the most relevant use cases linked to smart city services or solutions.
- an understanding of the most relevant data related considerations around these use cases.
- an understanding of the precise nature of the players and related business models around these use cases.
Special focus has to be put on:
- providing evidence that goes beyond anecdotal situations.
- focusing on the service level rather than the equipment level.
- differentiating larger trends from particular situations.
Interested economic operators can express their interest to participate in the call for tender until 31/12/2015 in writing to CNECT-R2-EOI@ec.europa.eu
More information on the European Commisison website.