- Green Digital Charter
- Signatory cities
Where: Amsterdam, TQ Amsterdam
Getting to grisps on what is ‘Green ICT’ is not an easy task, but the concept of Green ICT touches all our lives and brings together two relevant themes concerning the present and future world : technology and the environment. Nevertheless, just as many other things we do every day, ICT has an environmental impact: so far, the global ICT industry accounts for approximately 2 percent of global carbon dioxide (CO²) emissions, a figure equivalent to aviation.
The European public sector, including city authorities, have a role to play in the emergence of an environmentally-friendly ICT sector.
REGISTER HERE : http://bit.ly/2GD8mY3
Amsterdam kicks-off a series of European workshops
ICTFOOTPRINT.eu is organising a series of hands-on workshops across Europe to raise awaraness on Green ICT, for organisations to engage with tools and services increasing energy efficiency and for policy makers to introduce actions as part of their agenda to build a more sustainable world.
The first workshop will take place in Amsterdam on Tuesday 20 March 2018 (venue still to be confirmed). The half-day (stimulating yet intensive) workshop will be divided into three different parts, touching upon :
- Policy and public administration interventions on public policies and programmes
- Best practices from SMEs and reputable tools and services available to help organisations improve their energy efficiency
- An interactive training session and testing of the new Self-Assessment Tool for Organisations (SAT-O) already accessible online at http://sat-o.ictfootprint.eu/
Main Take-aways for the audience
- Learn about tools and products on the market in Europe today that are providing Green ICT products;
- Develop your organisation’s Green ICT assessment during the hands-on session with our SAT-O;
- Grab the opportunity to become a member on our ICTFOOTPRINT.eu marketplace as a buyer or seller and become part of our green ICT growing community
- Gain a whole new understanding of why Green ICT should become your priority & how it can be affordable for SMEs.