- Green Digital Charter
- Signatory cities
In French, smart cities are “villes intelligentes”; and for the third year in a row, Le Monde is willing to reward the best urban innovations happening in France, Europe and beyond.
How will the cities of the future look like? How innovation can benefit cities’ inhabitants, while respecting citizens’ privacy and including the whole population? What new services will allow to progress in the energetic transition and the circular economy?
The jury, composed of academics, urbanists and architects but also experts from the private sector, public companies and NGOs, will examine 5 categories of project
- Civic participation
- Cultural action
- Urban innovation (social innovation or circular economy)
Winning projects in each category will receive: 1 000€ and an article on Le Monde. In addition, one project will be awarded with the Jury Price (2 000€).
Deadlines for applications :
25 February 2018 : European projects
13 May 2018 : projects outside Europe
Applications must be submitted on Le Monde Agorize online platform: https://www.agorize.com/fr/challenges/smart-cities-2018
Read the rules here.
Follow the competition on Twitter @lemonde_cities
- 2016 European Capital of Innovation: Congratulations to Amsterdam and Turin, two GDC signatories rewarded for their innovative spirit !
- The initiatives from the European innovation partnership for smart cities and communities
- GDC 2017 Awards – shortlisted cities announced!
- European Commission launches the Digital Cities Challenge to help cities succeed in the digital transformation