- Green Digital Charter
- Signatory cities
ABOUT THE PROJECT
The Green Digital Charter is a declaration committing cities to working together to deliver on the EU climate objectives through the use of Information and Communication Technologies (ICT). It therefore promotes progress in tackling climate change through the innovative use of digital technologies in cities.
In addition to a range of statements and aims, the Charter entails three specific commitments:
- to work with Green Digital Charter signatories on ICT & energy efficiency
- to deploy five large-scale ICT for energy efficiency pilots per city within 5 years from the signature
- to decrease ICT’s direct carbon footprint per city by 30% within 10 years from the signature
Previously supported by the project ‘NiCE’ – Networking intelligent Cities for Energy Efficiency, starting from March 2015 the Green Digital Charter is supported by the a new project called ‘GuiDanCe’, coordinated by EUROCITIES and co-financed by the European Union funding programme Horizon2020.
During the project GuiDanCe we will organise technical trainings, webinars and work shadowing events in order to tackle specific problems and city needs related to the implementation of the DGC commitments.
EUROCITIES is looking for an external expert (organisation or independent).
The external expert needs to have a well established background that relates to the Green Digital Charter and will offer independent expertise regarding the technical, scientific and business aspects of GDC.
Two (2) meetings between the external expert and EUR are foreseen during the project implementation, to be held in conjunction with other meetings or training events when possible.
The mandate of the external expert organisation will be to:
- Provide strategic advice on the overall project approach and methodology of the project;
- Contribute (under an additional mandate in WP3) as invited experts’ organisation to the technical training events and work shadowing visits;
- Support the project‘s dissemination activities.
An indicative time schedule of the activities of the external experts:
|Project month/Calendar month||(4)June 2015||(5-7) July-September 2015||(13– 15)March-May 2016||(24)February 2017||(25)March 2017|
|Task activity||Meeting with EUR in Brussels||External expert participates in 2 training events||Meeting with EUR in Brussels|
|Requested input from external expert||Short report on the current “Green Digital” landscape||Short feedback on the training process||Update of the short report of m5-m7|
|Relevant project result||Training activities|
- Deadline for receiving quotes: 5 June 2015
- Awarding of the contract: 9 June 2015
- Ad hoc support throughout the duration of the project until March 2017, as detailed in the work description.
The external expert will be selected on the basis of a set of criteria:
- Willingness and ability to perform the aforementioned tasks in time and on budget
- Previous experience of working for and with “Green Digital” EU policies, preferably the Green Digital Charter
- Previous experience of working with EUROCITIES
- Reputation of the external expert to the European cities and smart city stakeholders
- Quality and experience of (at least one) senior expert that will undertake the aforementioned tasks (in case of an organisation).
The contract will be awarded to the expert/company among the pre-selected ones that provides the best offer in terms of value for money.
Each offer should be in EUR and should include:
- the net value of the service and the VAT value in EUR,
- description of expertise in relation to the field of work
- CVs of the staff working on the task
Interested experts/companies should be able to work to the timeline above.
The net value of provided service and the VAT value should be clearly indicated in the offer.
The experts/companies from outside Belgium should convert offers in national currency into EUR according to the rate established by the European Commission for June 2015. Please use the EC official website: http://ec.europa.eu/budget/inforeuro/index.cfm (the rate for each month is published the first working day of this month).
Furthermore, the experts/companies from outside Belgium should take into account that in case of inter-community services, the VAT is due in the country of the customer.
The budget available for this call is 20.000 Euros (including VAT).
If you have any questions about this call, please contact Nikolaos Kontinakis email@example.com or 02 552 0846.